Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 205

Thread: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

  1. #91
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    "When she dismissed Alaska Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan on July 11, Palin said she wanted to take the commission in a new direction.

    A week later, Monegan told NBC affiliate KTUU of Anchorage that he thought it was likely that he had been dismissed because he resisted pressure from Palin's staff and husband to fire the trooper, who was involved in a bitter custody battle with the governor's sister after their divorce in 2005.

    Last month, the state Legislature appointed an independent investigator to review whether the governor or her aides abused their power by pressuring Monegan to fire the trooper, a probe that the Democratic chairman of the state Senate Judiciary Committee said could lead to Palin's impeachment. The outside investigator, a retired assistant district attorney in Anchorage, was directed to file his report by Oct. 31, four days before the presidential election."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26458400
    No, she isn't carrying any baggage. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  2. #92
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    The only experience Obama has is running long distance events. Well he has the genes for it.

  3. #93
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    I'm still undecided at this point, but I'm leaning towards Obama. McCain is hard not to like but if he's just going to be Bush's 3rd term then well "8 is enough" for me. I'm an independent voter, I will vote the best man for the job. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a Bush hater but the man's foreign policy, tax cuts for the rich, and tax breaks to large corporations that send jobs overseas are misguided approaches not to mention the constant meddling in the middle east. Reagan was right, there's no point in even trying to deal with the irrational politics of those guys and we've started a war there. One that if I'm not mistaken was suppose to be a pretty quick job. Look where that got us. I think we should learn from history, not ignore it.


    As far as the VP spot goes, Biden is clearly a better choice than Palin. We are suppose to assume these people are there to help the President. Palin doesn't strike me as being that intelligent. If I were to see an interview with this woman and I didn't know who she was I'd never expect her to be in the position that shes in. She's not even that well spoken. Does she have leadership qualities? Maybe so. Does she have the ability to run THIS country. Please...I would be terrified if she was VP knowing that McCain could bite the big one. I'd hope if that happened it would be very close to another election. Sad truth.

    Still though, Im looking forward to this week and hearing what McCain and Palin have to say. Like I said, undecided but I'm going to try my best to keep on open mind on the entire situation. Maybe Palin can prove me wrong, we will see what she has to say. A part of me tells me though this is just strategy so McCain can pick up the "bruised" female vote that would have went to Clinton. A dumb move IMO if that's the case. There were better options out there. A few of them I would have been excited about.

  4. #94
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"When she dismissed Alaska Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan on July 11, Palin said she wanted to take the commission in a new direction.

    A week later, Monegan told NBC affiliate KTUU of Anchorage that he thought it was likely that he had been dismissed because he resisted pressure from Palin's staff and husband to fire the trooper, who was involved in a bitter custody battle with the governor's sister after their divorce in 2005.

    Last month, the state Legislature appointed an independent investigator to review whether the governor or her aides abused their power by pressuring Monegan to fire the trooper, a probe that the Democratic chairman of the state Senate Judiciary Committee said could lead to Palin's impeachment. The outside investigator, a retired assistant district attorney in Anchorage, was directed to file his report by Oct. 31, four days before the presidential election."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26458400
    No, she isn't carrying any baggage. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    </div></div>

    I read where she got sued for firing another offical (couldve been the same one, cant remember) just because she could. He sued saying it was because of a deal she had with some ppl that voted for her, the reason it was dimissed was because the judge said she could actually do that.

  5. #95
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burrhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only experience Obama has is running long distance events. Well he has the genes for it. </div></div>

    He's black, we get it. Come back with some new jokes.

  6. #96
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    We know "YOU" take pride in being ignorant.

  7. #97
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    The only democrat that is worth electing is Mark Warner. I really like him. He'll be president one day if he don't pull a Chuck Robb or Greg Baker.

  8. #98
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    You were being ignorant long before I was if thats the case.

  9. #99
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    I know it.

  10. #100
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Well I would do Mccain's Running mate.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burrhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it. </div></div>
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] These two groups are making it REALLY tough. Atilla the Hun is looking better all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •